The magic of bootlegging...

Die Vinesammlung des Forums.

Moderatoren: christoph, spanishjohnny

The magic of bootlegging...

Beitragvon JoeClark am Mi Dez 20, 2017 7:58 am

Hello

I remember being 16 years old in 1985 and I had just purchased the book "Blinded by The Light". I was looking forward to attend the fall L.A. Coliseum shows. I loved the setlists in that book as well as the listing of all the old bootlegs from the 70s and 80s, I was fascinated and wanted to hear all the old bootlegs. Later that fall at a small independent record store, I saw the "This Guns for Hire" bootleg of the last Philly show in 84, it was expensive at around $45 if I remember right. I wanted it so bad. I struck a deal with the owner for him to record it for me on some TDK SA 90 cassettes. He also recorded the Stones Hampton '81 show for me, which I was also obsessed with in those days....

I also remember seeing Backstreets magazine and seeing the classified ads for tape trading. I wrote to one guy in Pittsburgh who sent me his well typed out bootleg list.He had every show imaginable from 1972 to 1986. It was amazing. He said I could send him blanks (2 to 1) I saved my money and then went to my local Warehouse and bought a brick of Maxel Metal tapes and sent them along to him and I waited what felt like weeks for him to return my tapes.

In my 1st batch, I got Stockholm '81 night 2 with Run Through the Jungle (a mysteriously wonderful song!!) The Bridge benefit show, and Winterland. I loved those tapes, they gave me a key to a treasure trove and a hidden universe of this man's music. I loved getting those packages. I miss those days now, although I embraced the way we get boots now. I loved going on the Stone Pony server and being able to download so much great music. I loved the community back then, and still love this one here.

thanks

more details:

medical animated video
JoeClark
Gitarrenpolierer des Boss

Zurück zu Vines