teleprompter on Broadway

Die Vinesammlung des Forums.

Moderatoren: christoph, spanishjohnny

teleprompter on Broadway

Beitragvon JoeClark am Fr Dez 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Hello,

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that Bruce is using a teleprompter for the Broadway show? Apparently it is hung on the mezzanine. I know he uses one for concerts, but this is very different.

This is a Broadway show. It is live theater. It is scripted. Many actors have performed one man shows on Broadway and have not used a teleprompter. Actors spend months memorizing their lines. Couldn't Bruce do the same? Memorize the damn show like every other Broadway actor. In live theater, if an actor screws up his lines, he is supposed to react like an actor would and recover and go on.

Broadway actors don't read off cue cards or teleprompters. Sure, Bruce is a rock star and not an actor, but in this venue he is an actor in a Broadway show and using a teleprompter seems wrong and off. I know everyone wants to see him win a Tony but I would have an issue with an actor who didn't even learn his lines winning a Tony award for acting. It's not acting. Once an actor memorizes his lines, the recitation of the lines, the inflection, the subtleties...that's acting. I also don't think he should get a producer or director's Tony for the same reason. There is no Broadway producer or director who would allow a lead actor to read off cue cards or a teleprompter. They memorize the lines before rehearsals even begin. Bruce should be no exception. When in Rome...

thanks

more details:

video for small business
JoeClark
Gitarrenpolierer des Boss

Zurück zu Vines